Every tent generally comes up with a set of stakes. However, we all know that the accompanied products usually deliver delicate features that are good only for specific areas. Fair weather and soft terrains are pretty much ok, but what if you supposedly plan to go o hilly areas or such beaches where the temperature and wind go untamable? Plan of traveling or camping usually at challenging spots ask you to be completely prepared whether it is about food, clothes, or anything else. Thus to make sure that you always stay protected under harshest environmental conditions, it is generally recommended to replace your existing Tent stake to buy, with branded ones. Again there are uncountable choices and options to select from, thus here is a guide that will help you in choosing the finest products easily!
Here are the major types of tent stakes to look at!
- Y-stakes- as the name itself defines, these ones are shaped like “Y” and they easily pack up a whole lot of space. They are light weighted and have incredible ability to easily hold on to the soil. Thus, they are truly recommended for frequent travelers.
- Shepherd’s Hook– it is the classic type of tent stake which is pretty much strong. Based upon their construction as well as diameter, they can be easily utilized in various areas.
- Nail pegs– these ones are shaped similar to huge nails, which you can easily drive inside the ground. They come with plastic tops or pull cord that assists you in pulling them out of the ground.
- J-Stakes (or V-Stakes) – made up of aluminum, these Tent stake to buy are also known as V-stakes that are very lightweight. Also, most of the advantages that they have are similar to Y stakes.
- Sand or snow stakes– these ones have a high surface area along with which they bring in multiple holes that get filled up with soil, sand or snow when pressed inside the ground. With unique constructions, they are designed to get the hold of such loose situations as sand and snow can easily slip off making the base a little weak.
Other than all these, you even have screws, spirals, and fabric designed Tent stake to buy that can be used and easily buried in any form of weather conditions. Based on the rates, brands, features and other things, you can easily choose the best one out of these and can make the situations much favorable for you.
The best materials to go for!
As we already talked that Tent stake to buy are made up of numerous raw products, however which material is the best for you? Aluminum is the one that is commonly used for all such stakes, mainly when it’s about backpacking. They are inexpensive, lightweight and easy to carry all across the globe. Another material is steel if you are looking for car camping tent stakes. They are some of the strongest ones in the league. Up next comes carbon fiber and titanium which bring out new features and they possess the lightweight of aluminum and strength of steel. So, you can choose any one out of these materials!